Based on BSkillet’s post at CMDN that went viral with Gawker and other Liberal media-sources, it is clear that the Manosphere is going to come under increased focus and attention of the forces and people who consider it their mortal enemy. It has also come to the intention of a certain Manosphere lady blogger that individual usernames have been googled with regards to her blog. They may have done this for research purposes to do a larger expose on the Manosphere to blow things wide open.
For the record, my own experience with this consists of fighting ideological enemies in some of the most corrosive strongholds of the internet.
Immediately, you must make sure you maintain and protect your anonymity. Make sure the email addresses you use for your accounts are throw-aways and you cannot actually be identified in real life. Once you have that done, all damage they can potentially do is minimal in consequence.
These sources will use the numerous forces of the Internet to overwhelm and shut down discourse on the Manosphere. They will also use Doxxing (unwanted identify exposure) and other methods of intimidation to force people to do what they say. They have used all of these tactics in the past in order to bully their will on to other.
If the Manosphere were to be widely exposed, the best course of action for each blog holder would be to set all comment sections on moderation and then use digression about what actually gets through. Such an attack can be endured since those attacking will move on after a few days. They only care in the moment because they are being told to care.
There will be 2 types of trolls that will attack and comment on the Manosphere blogs should they be exposed to the internet at large:
Agents and Squids
A Squid will come in quick, drop an offensive comment then flee.
Agents will be ready for a long fight with the intent of tying you up for hours, responding to their attacks. They aren’t trying to have informative discussion. They are gunning for the epic argument/flame-war. Dispatch with short, quick comments. Remembering Roissy’s 2/3s Texting Rule works brilliantly on them. Same goes for the time between responses. It will draw them in, while de-investing you.
Both of the above will spew shaming language relating to a person’s sexual success or lack thereof and all of it will be framed in the frame of the female imperative: IE If you aren’t successful with women then you are a worthless man. They still hold that women are the ultimate arbiters of male worthiness and success. If you are a woman and are submissive to your husband, then they will attack you for it, citing your lack of independence as a deep flaw.
They will try to frame the argument on their terms. Their secret weapon is their brain-washed frame, straw-man arguments and incorrect conclusions about what Manospherians actually believe. If you engage with them, you MUST reframe any question or statement they make to turn it around into something is actually true. Their statements will be filled with false assumptions and subtext, so arguing in their frame only confirms the assumptions and sub-textual arguments they’ve loaded in to their statement.
Pay attention to who they attack and expose. That will tell you the goal of their mission. By attacking CMDN, they were blatantly clear that they were after the Christian perspective on this. I will be surprised if they attack certain blogs like Roissy due to their lack of affiliation with Christianity. However, that would make a great resource to refer them too because of its harshness and lack of Christian influence.
On the Christian Manosphere blogs, they will quote Scripture. However, when they do so it will always be interpreted completely out of context, lacking all understanding of what it means. Most would otherwise deny that God even exists, so for them to try to tell you what God meant by His Word is completely laughable.
All these attacks will take the broad strategy as defined by Communist Radical Saul Alinsky. http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat…. [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time….”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside… every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’…
“…any target can always say, ‘Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?’ When your ‘freeze the target,’ you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments…. Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target…’
“One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.” (pps.127-134)”
The above tactics aren’t taught in an official sense because they have been fully absorbed by these individuals, who grew up in the politically correct culture, so fighting this way is completely reflexive to them. They literally know no other methods upon which to address something they disagree with. In fact, these above tactics are so subversively ingrained that they can’t recognize them when they are actually using them.
These individuals want to instill chaos, fear and destruction. Being prepared for them and not panicking will completely subvert their goals. God put Adam into the Garden of Eden to turn the chaos in to order. However, the serpent was jealous and hated God’s creation, so he aimed to induce further chaos. And he used the woman to introduce this chaos into the world, and so he aims to do so again with Western Civilization, and he has done so by unleashing women’s hypergamy from the restraint it was previously under.
Lastly, see an event such as this as an opportunity to reach thousands that we wouldn’t have otherwise reached. Among these corners of the Internet are men who have no idea that the Manosphere exists, and who’s minds have been prepared to receive the ideas and the message. Once the trolling subsides, this could be a great boon for the Manosphere in the long run.
If you have any other advice or tactics for dealing with such an event in the future, please feel free to post them in the comments.
EDIT: I just read that BSkillet is going to be more or less be leaving due to threats recieved. The best response to threats I can give you is to have a sizeable gun collection. Most of those threatening you have no guts to actually come to your house and hurt you. If they should, I hope you’ve prepped by having a Mossberg 500 or a Winchester 870 ready with 3″ 000 Supremes for said individual.